May 6, 2019
Search for Vice Chancellor for Information Technology
I am pleased to inform you that we are initiating a search for the newly created position of vice chancellor for information technology, reporting to Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor Enrique Lavernia.
A search committee has been formed to guide this important recruitment. The committee, bearing in mind our compelling interest in inclusive excellence, is charged with finding superlative candidates with exemplary administrative and leadership experience in information technologies and systems solutions.
The committee is chaired by Pramod Khargonekar, vice chancellor for research, and includes the following members:
- Rebecca Brusuelas-James, associate dean, finance and clinical operations, School of Medicine, and chief of staff, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs
- Tyrus Miller, dean, School of Humanities
- Philip Papadopoulos, director, Research Cyberinfrastructure Center
- Chad T. Lefteris, chief operating officer, UCI Health
- Michael Dennin, vice provost and dean, Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning
- Gary Matkin, dean, Continuing Education, and vice provost, Career Pathways
- Rick Coulon, associate vice chancellor, Division of Finance and Administration
- Suzanne Sandemeyer, vice dean for research, School of Medicine, and professor, biological chemistry
The committee will begin its deliberations soon. We welcome written input regarding the search process or potential candidates. All correspondence will be held in the strictest confidence. Written comments or nominations should be addressed to:
Vice Chancellor for Information Technology Search Committee
In Care of Ramona Agrela, associate chancellor & chief human resources executive
The committee will review nominations and applications as they are submitted. The position will remain open until it is filled.
Thank you for your assistance in ensuring an outstanding outcome.
Chancellor Howard Gillman