March 6, 2019
Search for Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
I am pleased to inform you that we are initiating a search to identify the next director of intercollegiate athletics.
A search committee has been formed to guide this important recruitment. The committee, bearing in mind our compelling interest in inclusive excellence, is charged with finding superlative candidates with exemplary administrative and leadership experience in intercollegiate athletics.
The committee is chaired by Lars Walton, associate chancellor and chief of staff, Office of the Chancellor, and includes the following members:
- Ron Cortez, chief finance officer and vice chancellor, Division of Finance & Administration
- Kerk Brown, chief of staff, University Advancement
- Brice Kikuchi, associate vice chancellor, Student Affairs
- David Snow, Distinguished Professor, School of Social Sciences
- Deborah Sunday, assistant dean, Claire Trevor School of the Arts
- Adey Nyamathi, founding dean and Distinguished Professor, Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing
- Kirsten Quanbeck, associate chancellor, equity, diversity and inclusion
- Shelby Lee, student athlete
- Evan Singletary, student athlete
The committee will begin its deliberations soon. We welcome written input regarding the search process or potential candidates. All correspondence will be held in the strictest confidence. Written comments or nominations should be addressed to:
Athletic Director Search Committee
In care of Pamela James
The committee will review nominations and applications as they are submitted. The position will remain open until it is filled.
Thank you for your assistance in ensuring an outstanding outcome.
Chancellor Howard Gillman