February 5, 2016
Search for Vice Chancellor, University Advancement
I am pleased to announce the initiation of a national search for the next vice chancellor for University Advancement. The search will seek out and identify compelling candidates with exceptional and dynamic leadership records who can fulfill our philanthropic ambitions in support of our campuswide priorities.
The search committee is chaired by Georges Van Den Abbeele, dean of the School of Humanities, and includes the following members:
- Michael Arias, associate chancellor and chief of staff
- Ria Carlson, associate chancellor, Strategic Communications
- Hazem Chehabi, owner and president, Newport Diagnostic Center, and trustee, UCI Foundation
- Douglas Freeman, senior managing director, First Foundation Advisors, and trustee, UCI Foundation
- Julie Hill, director, Anthem | Lord Abbett, and trustee, UCI Foundation
- Gary Hunt, partner, California Strategies, LLC, and trustee, UCI Foundation
- Vicki Ruiz, distinguished professor, Departments of History and Chicano/Latino Studies, and chair, Department of Chicano/Latino Studies
- Benedicte Shipley, assistant dean, Ayala School of Biological Sciences
- Richard Van Etten, professor, Department of Medicine, and director, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Gregory Washington, dean, The Henry Samueli School of Engineering
The committee will begin its deliberations soon, and welcomes written input regarding the search process or potential candidates. We have engaged the services of Isaacson, Miller, a nationally recognized academic search consultant, to assist the committee. All correspondence will be held in the strictest confidence, and comments or nominations should be addressed to email@example.com.
Nominations and applications will be reviewed as they are submitted, and the position will remain open until it is filled.
Thank you for your support and assistance with this important search.
Chancellor Howard Gillman