Search for Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs
April 30, 2018
I am pleased to share with you the news that we are initiating a national search for the next vice chancellor for health affairs. We seek to attract an outstanding candidate to provide leadership and vision as we move forward in discovery, teaching and healing.
We have formed a search committee that will help guide this important recruitment. The panel, bearing in mind our compelling interest in inclusive excellence, is charged with finding superlative candidates with exemplary administrative and academic leadership experience who are distinguished scholars and teachers and capable of leading our academic medical enterprise. The committee is chaired by Kyriacos Athanasiou, Distinguished Professor of biomedical engineering in the Henry Samueli School of Engineering, and includes the following members:
- Geoffrey Abbott, professor, Department of Physiology & Biophysics
- Claudia Benavente, assistant professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Kenneth Chang, professor of clinical medicine, Department of Medicine
- Xing Dai, professor, Department of Biological Chemistry
- Lorraine Evangelista, professor, Sue and Bill Gross School of Nursing
- David Fruman, professor, Department of Molecular Biology & Biochemistry
- Anthony James, Donald Bren Professor, Department of Microbiology & Molecular Genetics and Department of Molecular Biology & Biochemistry
- Shaista Malik, associate professor, Department of Medicine
- L. Song Richardson, dean, School of Law
- Miryha Runnerstrom, lecturer PSOE, Program in Public Health
- Suzanne Sandmeyer, professor, Department of Biological Chemistry
- Dorothy Tu, assistant dean, Sue and Bill Gross School of Nursing
- Veronica Vieira, associate professor, Program in Public Health
- William Wilson, chief medical officer, UCI Medical Center
We have engaged the services of Isaacson, Miller, a nationally recognized academic search consultant, to assist the committee, which will begin deliberations soon.
We encourage written input regarding the search process or potential candidates. All correspondence will be held in the strictest confidence. Written comments or nominations should be addressed to:
Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs Search Committee
In care of Ramona Agrela, Associate Chancellor and Chief Human
350 University Tower, Mail Code 1905
Irvine, California 92697-1905
Nominations and applications will be reviewed by the committee as they are submitted, and the position will remain open until it is filled.
We welcome your participation in this vital recruitment.
Chancellor Howard Gillman