Medical Center CEO Search Committee
March 18, 2015
I am pleased to share with you the news that we are initiating a national search to identify the next chief executive officer of the UC Irvine Medical Center. We seek to attract an outstanding candidate to provide leadership and vision as we move forward in discovery, teaching, and healing.
We have formed the search committee that will help guide this important recruitment. The committee, bearing in mind our compelling interest in inclusive excellence, is charged with finding superlative candidates with exemplary administrative and academic leadership experience who are capable of leading our Medical Center. The committee is chaired by Leslie Thompson, professor, Department of Psychiatry and Neurobiology, School of Medicine, and Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, Francisco J. Ayala School of Biological Sciences, and includes the following members:
- Cynthia Anderson, worklife and wellness coordinator, Campus Human Resources
- Eric Ballon-Landa, graduate student, School of Medicine
- Louise Borda, department administrator, Department of Surgery
- Wendell Brase, vice chancellor, Administrative and Business Services
- Richard Chamberlin, professor and chair, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Dan Cooper, professor and chair, Department of Pediatrics, and director, Institute for Clinical and Translational Science
- Emily Dow, health sciences clinical professor and acting chair, Department of Family Medicine
- Clarence Foster, health sciences clinical professor, Department of Surgery
- Sheldon Greenfield, professor, Department of Medicine, and executive co-director, Health Policy Research Institute
- Karen Grimley, chief nursing officer, UC Irvine Medical Center
- Jaime Landman, professor and chair, Department of Urology
- William Maurer, dean, School of Social Sciences
- Douglas Merrill, chief medical officer, UC Irvine Medical Center
- Meredith Michaels, vice chancellor, Planning and Budget
- Ellen Olshansky, professor, Program in Nursing Science
- Rozanne Sandri-Goldin, professor and chair, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
- Peter Schneider, chief health sciences counsel, Office of Campus Counsel
- David Tsoong, M.D., University of California, Irvine Foundation
- Betty Tu, M.D., University of California, Irvine Foundation
- Richard Van Etten, professor, Department of Medicine, and director, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
We have engaged the services of Russell Reynolds Associates, a nationally recognized academic search consultant, to assist the committee.
The committee will begin its deliberations soon. We welcome written input regarding the search process or potential candidates. All correspondence will be held in the strictest confidence. Written comments or nominations should be addressed to:
CEO Search Committee
In Care of Ramona Agrela, associate chancellor
510 Aldrich Hall, ZOT Code 1900
Nominations and applications will be reviewed by the committee as they are submitted, and the position will remain open until it is filled.
Thank you in advance for your assistance in ensuring an outstanding outcome.
Chancellor Howard Gillman